Friday, January 9, 2009

POLLY WANNA CRACKPOT ...?!?

It was a day of firsts here at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas as -- for the first time ever -- a "reporter" fell fast asleep in a press conference I was hosting. The "reporter," an elderly man sitting near the front row, began dozing shortly after the press conference began. Within ten minutes, he was snoring loudly. "Sheesh," I whispered to one of my colleagues, "Isn't someone double-checking credentials at the door ... how could they let Sleeping Beauty over there in?!?" "That's nothing," said my colleague, "Look behind you." Sure enough, several rows behind me was a Rather Rotund Gentleman with a Large Parrot on his shoulder. Every so often, the Parrot would squawk, shift position from one shoulder to the other and glare in my direction. After the press conference was over, the man with the Parrot walked right up on stage and began asking a lot of detailed questions about the future of home entertainment. To be honest, I was tempted to have him removed from the event, but I didn't want to ruffle any feathers ...!

10 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Sleeping Beauty and Captain Hook all at the same Press Conference, you should feel honored :o)

garnett109 said...

Polly Want A Fritter

Myra said...

Guess they'll just let anyone in!

Traci said...

That is just bizarre!

Mike said...

A parrot? Jeez you can't make that kind of stuff up.

Beth said...

Haha! I guess I can understand someone falling asleep at a meeting--Lord knows I've done that a few times--but I really don't get the parrot! Hey, maybe it was a seeing eye parrot. :)

Beth

Unknown said...

Well...The meeting was odviously one that is good for you, as the gentleman was relaxed enough to sleep...right? So I would imagine the bird could be considered "Polly un-saturated"?...To much of a stretch huh...oh well I tried!... Love and Hugs.....Kit

Sage Ravenwood said...

Hmm I know besides Pickles having to wear a bright vest to say she's a working dog, I have to have papers on hand proving she is as well. Wonder if you need something for a working electronics parrot...
(Hugs)Indigo

emikk said...

Marty, I know you as a take charge guy, and with a fritter under your belt and a shot of courage I know you would exile these somnambulists to 7th and Montana to face, for example, the district manager who would bounce them out on there ear where captain underpants would be waiting to lash a set of Depends around there little tushies and parade them all along Sunset Blvd. (and Vine).....do you follow my logic?

Saltydawg said...

I would hate to see the state of his shoulder by the end of the day. He'd be knee deep in it!
Gaz ;-)