Wednesday, January 28, 2009

FIRST CONTACT ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


There was something fishy in the air this morning at 7th and Montana as the man known locally as the Gorton's of Gloucester Fisherman for his tendency to dress like he belongs on a box of Frozen Fish missed the boat when it came to finding a table at Our Favorite Starbucks. Last seen on New Year's Day scribbling a random list of vocabulary words on a napkin, the Fisherman arrived bright and early this morning, hoping to get a good table. There was just one problem: I arrived at the same time and there was only one table left. I looked at him. He looked at me. I smiled, made a dash for it and sat down. He stood in the doorway, looking more surprised than a plate of Glazed Trout, before making his way to a seat at the counter near the Pastry Case. I had nearly forgotten the incident when, fifteen-minutes later, he tapped me on the shoulder, smiled broadly and said, "You're very enhancing!" It was then that I realized that the word "enhancing" probably wasn't on his vocabulary list. I paused momentarily before replying, "Why thank you ... and you're quite fundamental!" And indeed, he is ... to my blog for today.

9 comments:

Ken Riches said...

He does not look that fresh, more likely snapper or cod :o)

Beth said...

Yay, the Return of the Gorton's Fisherman!

You know, when we met in Vegas, I meant to tell you that I found you enhancing. I didn't have the words at the time, so thank you, Gorton's Fisherman!

;) Beth

Mike said...

"Enhancing?" Yeah that's something you want carved on your headstone. I'll bet he's telling all the other fisherman down at the docks how he told you off for stealing his table.

Rose said...

Enhancing......hmmmmmmmmmm!


Hugs, Rose

emikk said...

fundamentally enhancing!...the whole interchange between you two! ... as well as inspiring!.....i suppose anyway!

garnett109 said...

Watch out he might use you for shark chum to enhance the fishing activity.

Webster said...

This is my first visit to your blog, so please forgive me for being presumptuous, but why didn't the two of you share the table?

That said, I thought this entry was funny.

Lynne said...

LOL, now that was funny!

Saltydawg said...

Is he drinking that coffee or snorting it?
Gaz ;-)