Thursday, January 1, 2009

THAR SHE BLOWS ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


Christmas may have come and gone, but that hasn't stopped the Gorton's of Gloucester Fisherman -- known for dressing as though he's expecting a Nor'easter to come blowing through Southern California at any moment -- from making his list and checking it twice. Indeed, he could be found this morning at 7th and Montana hunched over a notepad, creating a Mysterious List of his own design. I couldn't resist peeking over his shoulder. "Veteran ... Joseph ... Container," he began. I zoomed-in for a closer-look, half-expecting to find Haddock, Flounder or Cod on his list. "Retired ... Marshmallow ... Gideon," he continued. I was nonplussed. Clearly, something fishy was going on. "Maybe he's a creative genius," said Joyce, "You know, a poet like E.E. Cummings." Something tells me E.E. Shortcummings is more like it ...!

5 comments:

Liz in Virginia said...

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO YOU AND YOURS!!

emikk said...

Maybe it's a list of words he learned last year.

garnett109 said...

It's a treasure hunt list , the things he found in his nets last year

Beth said...

In the background all I can see is sunshine! I think he's going to have to wait a while for that nor'easter!

emikk said...

I notice he's left handed, Although I don't think that has any significance.