Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A MYSTERIOUS PRESENCE ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!

Ever get the feeling you were being watched? That’s how I felt yesterday at Our Favorite Starbucks as a Mysterious Presence hovered over me while I was reading the daily news on my cell phone. The Mysterious Presence, it should be noted, seemed to be reading each headline out loud. “Obama Talks Up Entitlement Changes” … “German Economic Growth Slows Sharply” … “An Hour of TV can Shorten Your Life by 22 Minutes.” On and on he went. I would have turned around to see who it was, but a certain stench was hanging in the air like a miasma. I waited a few minutes, switched my cell phone to Spycam mode and took a discrete, over-the-shoulder photo. Later, when the coast was clear, I was surprised to learn that the Mysterious Presence was none other than the Guru, the local gadfly who is known for knowing everything. At least now I know how he stays so current on all the headlines ...!

5 comments:

Ken Riches said...

What great eyesight he has, I can hardly read my cell phone headlines.

Paula said...

I heard this news about TV watching and informed John. He ignored me and went right on killing himself.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I have DEFINITELY had the feeling I was being watched.

Anonymous said...

& I'm also very glad I don't have a TV.

Anonymous said...

Smash your TVs!!
-Cin