Friday, August 19, 2011

SIGNS OF THE TIMES ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


It was a sign of the times at 7th and Montana as a local homeowner posted the following message in front of his or her house: “PLEASE STOP STEALING MY N.Y. TIMES. I LIKE IT AND IT’S MINE.” I first saw the sign several weeks ago and later realized that a peculiar kind of dance was going on. Every evening, the sign would appear in front of the house and every morning it would be ripped out of the ground and tossed in someone else’s yard. Someone, it seems, has been stealing the newspaper and yanking out the sign for good measure. Today, I noticed that a new sign appeared: "FOR LEASE." The homeowner-in-question is leaving. I hope they don’t forget to cancel their New York Times subscription. In related news, the Notorious Neighborhood Newspaper thief hasn’t been seen at Our Favorite Starbucks since February 27th. Coincidence? I think not ...!


2 comments:

Paula said...

Sounds very fishy to me.

Rose said...

Hmmmmmmmmmm!