Friday, October 10, 2008

GERMS, AHOY ... AT 30,000 FEET!


Ladies and Gentlemen, meet Miss Fidget, the Professional Germ-o-Phobe who sat next to me last night on United Flight #166 to Boston. Shortly after she boarded the plane, Miss Fidget produced a box of Antiseptic Towelettes from her carry-on bag and proceeded to carefully, methodically wipe herself down ... again and again. She recoiled at the sight of me, as if I were a Giant Streptococcus. Just for kicks, I tried coughing loudly in her direction several times but it was no good. She blocked me out with a set of earplugs and a facemask. Next time, I'll wear a T-Shirt that says, "Don't Worry ... the Doctor Says I'm not Contagious!"

4 comments:

Traci said...

Oh funny! Some people have some oddities!

Myra said...

Takes all kinds to make the world go round! I used to work with someone like that...can you say gets on my nerves!!

Lynne said...

She probably was fearful of TB!

emikk said...

Cough me a river!