Thursday, October 2, 2008

A SWEET PITCH FOR SIGNATURE HOT CHOCOLATE ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!

                             

Someone's been "drinking the Cool Aid" -- or Hot Chocolate as the case may be -- at Our Favorite Starbucks and something tells me it's Barista Amanda.  She made the scene yesterday with a tray full of free samples and a Perfect Pitch.  "How would you like to try our new Signature Hot Chocolate?," she asked, sweetly, "It's Rich, Creamy and Delicious with four kinds of chocolate and a sprinkling of Italian Salt."  It looked like a Diabetic Coma in a Cup.  "I'll take a pass," I said politely.  A man sitting at a table near me couldn't resist.  "I'll give it a try," he said.  "You won't be sorry," she replied, smoothly, "It's Rich and Creamy!"  He waited until Amanda was out of earshot before offering-up the following critique:  "Oh my God!," he said, "It's so sweet ... I think I feel my cavities from ten years ago kicking-in!"  As for me, I might just buy up Starbucks' full supply.  Afterall, thanks to the Jittery Nutcase, Hot Chocolate has become a Weapon of Mass Destruction at 7th and Montana ...!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word.  I really have to say I have always loved their hot chocolate.  Liquid chocolate.  Pure wonderfulness.
Traci

Anonymous said...

oooooooo - that sounds so yummy!!!  I'd go get some but it's just not right for me to drink hot chocolate when it's still 90 degrees outside....

~Amy

Anonymous said...

it looks sweet from here!

Anonymous said...

I can feel a sugur rush just from reading this.....
Laini

Anonymous said...

The answer, in my opinion, is instead of drinking it straight, pour it over their new oatmeal offering much like pouring syrup on a waffle.....only different!

Anonymous said...

I saw their concoction from a few years back...it was soooo thick, you could lay bricks with it...and quite pricey, I might add.  No thanks, just a regular cup o'joe for me!
xoxo ~Myra