Tuesday, October 21, 2008

JEJU, AHOY ...!


My hotel here on Jeju Island, The Shilla Jeju, was the first five-star resort in Korea. Built on a cliff overlooking Jungmun Beach off the South Coast of Korea, the property includes 21 acres of lush garden pathways and waterfalls leading to the South China Sea. Jeju is often called "The Island of the Gods" or "The Honeymoon Island" of Korea. I'm here for work, of course, but I did get a chance to walk around the hotel today and it was spectacular, a lot like Hawaii with its volcanos, lava tubes and sandy, white beaches. The only thing missing is Starbucks ...!

9 comments:

Myra said...

What a beautiful place! Now you're in Korea?? One day I'll read you're on the moon...for work, of course! I love the cast of characters slide show!! Love 'em all...

garnett109 said...

How does one get a job like yours?

Traci said...

You live the life, Buddy! Gorgeous! What a great way to make a living!

emikk said...

...and what's more, there probably not any jittery nutcases there to interrupt the haiku moments that must come frequently.

Dawn said...

Wow, just beautiful Marty! Thanks for sharing!

be well...

Beth said...

I checked out the pictures--how beautiful! I loved the waterfall outside your room...can you hear it at night? That would be so soothing.

Beth

barb said...

golly, gee whiz, i get so far behind my reading when i don't get any alerts. i think i have gotten caught up on your travels again. you have such an interesting life. Poor me i can't get in to a private journal that I usually read cuz now google doesn't recognize me at all. i guess i will give up trying to transfer--maybe later will just start something new. thanks for all you help. barb

Unknown said...

Mark and I were just looking over your pictures. They are awesome. Be safe.
Laini

Lynne said...

Looks absolutely beautiful. Only thing missing is someone to walk with you on the beach!