Friday, October 17, 2008

HOLD THE PHONE ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA


Bells were ringing at 7th and Montana this morning as "Lady Godiva," the woman known for occasionally waltzing around the neighborhood Half-Naked, brought a telephone with her to Starbucks. No, I don't mean a Cell Phone. She unplugged the phone from her wall at home and -- as if to say "I'm on call with the Institute for the Perpetually Wacky" -- she carried it around with her up and down Montana Avenue, coddling it like it was a Prized Possession. Frankly, I'm starting to worry about her. I wish there was someone we could call ...

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh... how sad! Maybe you could call senior services? I don't know...

be well...

garnett109 said...

Can you hear me now?

kelly said...

that is sad..makes you wonder where her family is..
Kelly~

Beth said...

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good. It looks like Dawn has a good idea in senior services.

Poor thing...I wonder if she was expecting a call and decided to take the phone with her?

Beth

Amy said...

I saw 'Godiva' and thought you were talking about chocolate at first.

Lynne said...

Maybe she was waiting for the pawn shop to open so she could sell it. I concur with Dawn, Social Services might be able to help.

emikk said...

Possibly the psychic network could channel through that phone!

Saltydawg said...

Was she singing the telephone song? Hey baby, I'm yer telephone man, tell me wear ya want it and I'll put it where I can!
Gaz