Monday, October 13, 2008

RACING FOR CAFFEINE ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!

It was a Cross-Country Race this morning as I left Boston at the crack of dawn, intent on making it back to 7th and Montana in time to grab my usual Half Caff and continue with my workday. I thought for sure I'd win the award not only for traveling the greatest distance to Our Favorite Starbucks, but for jumping through hoops, as well. To my surprise, someone beat me. Barista David apparently drove all the way to Tuscon, Arizona last night to pick up his dog, only to turn around and race back to Santa Monica in time to start his shift at Starbucks at 4:00 a.m. He was stopped for speeding along the way. Ay, Chihuahua ...!

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Poor David! Looks like your trip to MA was a success!!!

be well...

garnett109 said...

myself i would've taken a bus and hit a local dunkin' doughnuts

Sage Ravenwood said...

Looks like David gets the award in this one, wow that's what you call pulling an allnighter. (Hugs)Indigo

Lynne said...

I bet if it was a Duncan Donuts he was rushing back too, the police man would have given him a warning!

Traci said...

I'm impressed by the over night drive to and from Tucson. That is one long drive! I've done it and it is dull.
I wish that the background of that picture of Emma was my house. It's the little boy's house where we babysit. Great place, huh?!

emikk said...

You might want to call it the amazing race, either that or the incredible journey, or possibly banned in boston?