Sunday, October 12, 2008

A TRIP TO TOPSFIELD ...!

It was a Picture Perfect Day today in Massachusetts. The sun was shining, the fall foliage was at its peak and the Topsfield Fair, the nation's oldest agricultural fair, was in full gear, attracting kids of all ages. I checked it out with my family and we ended up staying all day. Afterall, where else -- other than perhaps 7th and Montana on an average day -- can you see Prize-Winning Turkeys, Racing Pigs and Pumpkins in Disguise. Jackson was in his element. He seemed to be especially mesmerized by a Kiddie Hot Rod Ride, even though he didn't quite meet the size requirements this year. As for me, I enjoyed watching folks gather around an award-winning, 1,500-pound Pumpkin-on-Steroids ...!

4 comments:

Myra said...

Costumes on dogs, now costumes on pumpkins?? I love fairs! Jackson is quite a cutie!

Traci said...

Oh what fun. It's so nice that you can go back to see your family so often.

garnett109 said...

What no pig racing?

Lynne said...

Glad you are enjoying your family time. I enjoy going to the fair and seeing the local shows, etc., contests but stay away from the farm critters, lol.