Sunday, October 19, 2008

SLEEPING BEAUTY IN TOKYO ...!


Ladies and Gentlemen, meet "Tse Tse," the delightful young woman sitting near me tonight at the Terrace Restaurant in Tokyo. I just arrived in Tokyo after a day-long flight, so, understandably, I was a bit tired and decided to grab an early dinner near my hotel. Apparently, "Tse Tse" was a bit tired, too. She was sleeping soundly at the next table like a Japanese version of Sleeping Beauty. Sleeping in public is perfectly normal in Japan -- people here grab quick cat naps all the time -- but "Tse Tse" took it to a new extreme. She slept through an entire meal. By the time I finished eating, I knew I had to come to her rescue. When the waitress asked whether I'd like anything else, I said, "No thanks ... but you might want to bring the woman at the next table a cup of coffee before Rigor Mortis sets in ...!"

4 comments:

garnett109 said...

In the army I learned how to sleep standing up

Dawn said...

Oh my! How does she do that! Sleeping sitting up and all... lol

Have a good trip in Japan!

be well...

Beth said...

That seems like a rather strange thing...if I'm going to nap, I much prefer being on our couch, curled up with the cat, rather than sitting upright in a restaurant!

Have a fabulous trip!
Beth

Traci said...

My neck just couldn't do that. It would be snapping all over the place! They seriously sleep all over the place...weird for us!